We want to assist you with Invest Seychelles, get Business Opportunities in Seychelles as well as to search for and connect with leading Companies in Seychelles. We also provide a list of key Government trade advisors who assist you with doing business in Seychelles and other relevant business information on Seychelles. Specifically we offer three digital portals that are FREE to use and will be of interest to you…..You can join our Africa Business Community FREE so we can promote your company here. After that if you have a specific investment or business proposition add it to the Africa Business Opportunities Dashboard FREE. Want investment, or to find a business partner, are you selling real estate etc, do you have goods, products or services you want to promote? If so our Africa Business Opportunities Dashboard is for you. View some of the business opportunities uploaded by our Africa Business Community here. Fast growing, more established Seychelles companies with experienced management teams looking for investment can add themselves to our closed AFSIC African Investments Dashboard – after you have uploaded information about your investment opportunity we can send it directly into the inbox of many of Africa’s most important investors. To benefit from any of these options join our Africa Business Community today FREE !
Our team runs AFSIC – Investing in Africa, perhaps Africa’s most important investment event. To keep updated on AFSIC and forthcoming business and investment trips to Seychelles please Subscribe to our Mailers below.
Subscribe Now for Business Opportunities!
Seychelles is Small Island Developing State (SIDS) in the Indian Ocean northeast of Madagascar and east of Kenya. It gained independence from the United Kingdom on 29 June 1976. It is a Presidential Republic with its President sitting as the Head of State and Government. Its capital is Victoria and has an administrative structure divided into 26 districts. It runs a unicameral National Assembly as a legislative arm of the government. English, French and Seychellois Creole are the official languages. Christianity is the major religion while Islam and Hinduism also exist in smaller numbers.
Seychelles has a mixed legal system of English common law, French civil law, and customary law. It has an area size of 455 sq km and an Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) of 1.358 million. Seychelles’ location gives it excellent air connectivity to major hubs in the Middle East, Europe, Africa and Asia. This is coupled with a favourable time zone of GMT + 4. Seychelles has the highest per capita GDP in Africa, is classified as an upper-middle income country and currently has the highest literacy rate and the best healthcare system in the East Africa region.
Seychelles has an estimated population of 98,462 of which 46.8% are of prime working age (25-54), [National Bureau of Statistics, NBS, 2020]. Average population density is estimated at 210 inhabitants/km2. In terms of human development indicators, it has a life expectancy of 78.4 (Women) and 69.7 years (Men). It achieved universal primary education with a 100.64% Primary enrolment rate in 2019 and overall literacy level of 99% [World Bank, 2019].
Broad Economic Overview:
Seychelles enjoys a stable economic environment with lucrative fishing and tourism industries. The tertiary (service sector) contributes 86% of GDP, the secondary (manufacturing) sector 11% and the primary sector 3% (NBS, 2019).
Seychelles is at the forefront of the “blue economy” movement focused on using marine resources for economic growth, improved livelihoods and jobs while maintaining the ocean’s ecosystem. In 2018, Seychelles received the Blue Economy Award on African maritime sectors in Kenya from the African Union Commission.
The government is diversifying the economy by developing the agricultural and fishing sectors as well as a small-unit manufacturing industry. Real GDP growth grew by 3.1% (Q2-Q3 2020) and it has managed to achieve a modest 5-year compound annual GDP growth of 4.6%. Its currency is Seychelles Rupee. Main exports include canned tuna, frozen fish, petroleum products (re-export) etc. Major imports include petroleum product, foodstuff, machinery and equipment, chemicals, other manufactured goods etc.
Investment opportunities in Seychelles have historically been dominated by the Tourism sector however in recent years a wider diversification of sectors and activity participation has been observed as more opportunities arise.
Investment laws have been enacted in Seychelles in order to encourage and protect investments. Moreover, Seychelles has in place policies to attract investments and encourage spill overs from Foreign Direct Investments (FDI) into the economy to support in creating jobs and stimulating economic growth.
The Government maintains that certain economic activities are doable and affordable to the Seychellois investors and businesses, therefore such economic activities shall remain reserved for them. The Reserved Economic Activities Policy, April 2020 defines the economic activities that are reserved for the Seychellois investors.
Equally the government recognises the value of foreign participation, subject to certain conditions, when considering applications to engage in economic activities in Seychelles. Any application for investment in an economic activity that is not on the listed in the Reserved Economic Activities Policy, April 2020 is guided by our WTO Schedule of Specific Commitments. This set of commitments indicate market access for foreign participation, partly or in full, in Seychelles.
Any application for investment in an economic activity not listed in the Reserved Economic Activities Policy 2020 or in the WTO Schedule of Specific Commitments shall be subject to an Economic Needs Test (ENT). The ENT will evaluate the economic, social and technological benefits of the economic activity and determine whether there is a gap that can be filled by allowing foreign participation.
Economic activities and sectors open for foreign investment can be found in the Investment Opportunities booklet
Invest Seychelles – Recommended Contacts
List of Companies in Seychelles
Want to add your Seychelles Company to our List? Sign Up Here.
Contact Us for More Information on Invest Seychelles
Our website contains comprehensive information related to Invest Seychelles and information on the best investment opportunities in Africa, how to invest in Africa and where to invest in Africa. It also contains a wealth of information on African Investors and Funds, who Invests in Africa, which investors are relevant to you and how to contact them. This page is designed to help you find your information as quickly as possible.
Our focus is on matching individuals, companies and funds wanting to invest in Africa with information on how and where to invest in Africa, Africa’s best investment opportunities in addition to identifying companies, funds and individuals looking for investment, and comprehensive information on who is investing in Africa, Africa investors, how to get funding, the best Africa investment apps, African investment platforms, Africa’s top corporate service providers, business leaders and communities etc.
Initially please review the following suggestions that may be useful:
- If you are a regulated institutional investor and want to invest in Africa, please visit our homepage and add yourself to our (private) community to view and receive investment opportunities from across Africa (FREE). Click on the ‘Invest in Africa‘ button on our Homepage. If you prefer specific bespoke information on investment opportunities please contact our experienced team via firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our African investment specialists will revert to you.
- If you are a Private Investor and want to invest in Africa, please visit our dedicated page https://invest-in-africa.co/africa-investments. This page provides more information on the options available to Private Investors for investing in Africa. If you prefer specific information on investment opportunities please contact our team on email@example.com
- If you are an individual with a concept, project or idea or you are representing a company wanting to Apply for Funding or Get Investment, then add your concept, project or company details to our African Investments Dashboard using the ‘Apply for Funding‘ button on our Homepage.
- If you are representing a Company and are looking to expand in Africa and would like to use our extensive network across Africa to assist you please contact our team on firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you would like to Promote Yourself or your Company’s operations in Africa please join our exclusive community including Africa’s top investors, Africa’s top business executives, Africa’s top corporate advisors and Africa’s best service providers. This is FREE. To do so please visit our Homepage and click ‘Promote My Company’s Services‘ button. Users of our website will be able to search for you and communicate with you directly online helping you grow your business across Africa.
- If you would like to Search our Database to find an African Business Leader, African Investor, Stockbroker, African Corporate Advisor, African Investment Bank, African Corporate Service Provider or African Company suiting your requirements then please click ‘Search Our Database‘ on our Homepage
Africa Investor Research
In order to assist you efficiently locate the information you require on Invest Seychelles we consolidate information on African Investments (funds, companies, investment opportunities. stock exchanges, apps) on our page https://invest-in-africa.co/africa-investments/.
If this page is not relevant then go to our central research page https://invest-in-africa.co/africa-business that acts as a repository of information relating to Africa’s investors. best investments, business, trade and investment world. This library will assist with your query Invest Seychelles. The information covers queries relating to:
- Investing in Africa: Helping individuals, African institutional investors or business investors identify Africa’s best business and investment opportunities, which country they are located in, and how to access these investment opportunities including recommendations on online business development, African stockbrokers, African crowdfunders, and appropriate investment platforms, hubs or apps;
- Why Invest in Africa?: Providing research on why Africa is, in our opinion, such a great investment opportunity;
- Applying for Funding: Assisting individuals and companies with African businesses, projects or concepts or ideas to raise money from Africa investors, as well as providing details on who the Africa investors are, their sector preferences, and whether they are focused on more developed companies, or focused on venture capital, angel or seed investment opportunities;
- Africa Investment Forums: Facilitating Investors and Companies seeking investment or business development opportunities to meet each other at highly focused and relevant Africa Investment Events;
- Where is Africa’s Investment coming from? Providing information on who is investing in Africa, which countries are investing in Africa, and which African countries are receiving the investment;
- Promoting yourself for FREE: How to add yourself (or search) our Directory of Africa’s top business executives to facilitate your business development and investment initiatives.
Still looking for the Correct Information on Invest Seychelles?
In order for us to assist you with your inquiry on Invest Seychelles click one or more of the topics below that are of interest to you so that we can route you to the appropriate web page:
- You want to Invest in Africa’s best Investment Opportunities or understand more about which countries in Africa or sectors of the African economy are ready for investment. Click Here.
- You want to find out more about the actual mechanics of investing in Africa, including African Stockbroking companies, African Stock Exchanges, African Investment Platforms, African Investment Apps and Hubs that will assist you to invest in Africa. Click Here.
- You want to know about Africa’s Investors, Africa Funds and Africa Funders are or to learn about who Invests in Africa and which country they are from. Click Here.
- You want to Apply for Funding for your concept, idea, company or project which is focused on Africa. Click Here.You want to Promote Your Company’s Services for FREE across Africa in our business directory. Click Here.
- You are interested in General Research on Africa, such as the African economy, where the investment in Africa is coming from, the current investment climate etc. Click Here.
- You are interested in meeting Africa’s Business Leaders, Africa’s Investors, Africa’s Corporate Advisors and Africa’s Corporate Service Providers in a single location at a single time, and would like to know more about AFSIC – Investing in Africa, Africa’s investment event. Click Here.
Ready to attend AFSIC – Investing in Africa, Africa’s Investment Event?
AFSIC – Investing in Africa is believed to be the largest annual Africa investment event taking place outside Africa. It is an exceptional location to meet Africa’s business leaders and investment community in one place at one time. If you would like to learn more or attend AFSIC – Investing in Africa you can download the Event Brochure or please visit www.afsic.net.
Do you Want to Promote your Company’s Services across Africa for FREE?
If you would like to Promote yourself and your Company across Africa and globally, then please visit our Homepage. Click ‘Promote My Company’s Services‘ and follow the instructions to join our community. There is no charge.
Do you Want to Find Africa’s Top Business Leaders and Business Service Providers? Search Our Database for FREE.
Go to our Homepage and click on ‘Search Our Database‘. You can filter your search by business sector, keywords such as Invest Seychelles and more.
Do you Want to Supercharge your Company’s Presence across Africa and with Businesses and Investors focused on Africa?
Please contact us on email@example.com if you would like our team to contact you regarding the multiple ways in which we can assist your business development and investment plans in Africa or how we can provide you with additional profile across the entire African continent.
Want to Contribute to our Website?
Do you have specialist knowledge or insights regarding Invest Seychelles, Africa Trade, Business or Investment opportunities that you would like to share with our readers? If so please review our page on Submitting Articles. https://invest-in-africa.co/submit-an-article/
Subscribe to Mailers
Do you want to Subscribe to our mailers to keep yourself updated on Invest Seychelles? Please add yourself to our Mailing List using the Subscribe to our Newsletter button at the bottom of our Homepage.
We are always looking to grow partnerships in Africa. If that is of interest or if we have not been able to resolve your query on Invest Seychelles then please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Information Sources
Unable to find the information that you require on Invest Seychelles? You may want to access the following internet sites to obtain further information on Africa, investing in Africa, African business and African investment opportunities….
African Development Bank: www.afdb.org
African Investments: www.africaninvestments.co
AFSIC – Investing in Africa Event: www.afsic.net
BBC Africa: www.bbc.co.uk/news/world/africa
Investing in Africa: www.invest-in-africa.co
Our team has enormous experience living, working and investing in Africa. We have a comprehensive view on investment opportunities in Africa and Africa’s most important investors and we cover all 54 countries in Africa. As such we should be able to assist you on your query on Invest Seychelles. Our experience is evidenced by the success of our annual AFSIC – Investing in Africa event which we believe is the largest annual Africa investment event taking place outside Africa, and one of the most important conduits of investment into Africa. More information on us and our team is available here.