The list below is a comprehensive list of issues that our Users have experienced when logging into our system. If you are unable to resolve your problem after reviewing this page please contact us on email@example.com advising what the problem is as well as which internet browser you are using.
One Time Password is Not Arriving
When you enter your Email Address a One Time Password (OTP) is sent to your Email Address allowing us to confirm that you are indeed the person adding or editing your profile. The following are known issues that may affect your user experience:
- The password is often filtered by email providers into your JUNK or CLUTTER box. Please check these boxes as often the OTP will be in one or other.
- The password can take up to 4 minutes to arrive. Do NOT push Login or Submit again while you are waiting for the OTP or you will be sent a new OTP and may enter the old OTP by mistake. The old OTP will not be recognised as it has been superceded by the new OTP.
- In some cases the OTP does not arrive. It is not in the Junk or Clutter box. The reason for this is being investigated but may relate to individual servers blocking emails from unknown email addresses. You can seek immediate assistance by contacting our team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
One Time Password is Not Working
You have received a One Time Password (OTP) but it does not work when you enter it to confirm your email address. There are 2 known issues that may affect your user experience:
- The OTP may take between 1-4 minutes to arrive. It often gets filtered into your Junk/Clutter box. While you are waiting for the OTP users often click Submit or Login a second time thinking that the OTP is not coming from the first click. This triggers a second OTP to be sent. Shortly afterwards the user receives the FIRST OTP and enters this into the login box. However this FIRST OTP has now been superceded by the SECOND OTP and is not recognised.
- You copy the OTP from the email you received, but when copying you also might accidentally add an additional space character at the end of the string. Ensure that you only paste or enter numbers into the OTP field.
To resolve this issue enter your email address, click Submit/Login and ensure that you wait an adequate amount of time to ensure that the OTP you have received is now the current OTP. You can enter this OTP and you should be able to Add/Edit your Profile to be displayed Online.
Your Email Address is not Accepted
Please ensure that there are no “blank spaces” before or after your email address in the Login box.
Please note that currently accents are not accepted in email addresses. This should be resolved soon.
You are being logged out immediately with the message “login session has expired”
The cause of this is either logging in using incognito mode, or using a browser where cookies are not permitted. We require third party cookies to be enabled so that we can carry data from the login form to the registration form. On chrome you can enable cookies by clicking on the 3 dots in the top right corner of your browser>Settings>Cookies and Other Site Data>Allow All Cookies
Picklists are not Available on Africa Business Opportunities Dashboard
The first time that you login you need to register and provide some details including Country of Domicile etc. However the picklist to select a country from is not available – the issue is the same for other picklist fields. The cause of this is either logging in using incognito mode, or using a browser where cookies are not permitted. We require cookies to be enabled so that we can carry data from the login form to the registration form. On chrome you can enable cookies by clicking on the 3 dots in the top right corner of your browser>Settings>Cookies and Other Site Data>Allow All Cookies
The Business Opportunity Dashboard is Cut Off on My Browser
The Africa Business Opportunities Dashboard may be difficult to view on mobile view, and on certain browsers. We are aware of an issue whereby Microsoft Edge browser is used on a laptop. If you are experiencing this issue please use the following URL to access the Business Opportunities Dashboard
Business Sector or African Countries Fields Required
These are required fields because they allow users to identify whether you operate in the country or sector that they are interested in.
To select a business sector or country from the picklist, either tick All, or select those countries or sectors in which you operate then click the right facing arrow so that your selection moves into the right hand box. If you do not do this then the countries or sectors will not be saved.
One Time Password is Delayed in Arriving
We use a One Time Password system for your security. Generally One Time Passwords arrive within 30 seconds of request. However occasionally, for a variety of reasons, the One Time Password may be delayed. This can happen in countries where internet access is slower than normal, and may be a result of servers throttling emails for capacity reasons. In these cases we can only suggest that you access your account when the internet is less busy. Or contact our team for assistance.
I Cannot See Any Business Opportunities that I uploaded to the Africa Business Opportunities Dashboard
We are aware that some users will experience problems viewing the Africa Business Opportunities Dashboard when using old browsers. If you are experiencing this issue we recommend downloading, and viewing the Dashboard on the latest Google Browser and this issue should be resolved.