1. User-Provided Information
- You may be asked to create a username and password or security code, along with providing other registration information (collectively “Registration Data”) to use our Dashboards, Portals or Sites. You are responsible for the accuracy and currency of your Registration Data and for maintaining the security of your password or security code.
- You may be asked to provide us with information about yourself such as your name, photo and email address.
- You may be asked to provide us with your credit card information. We do not store or retain your credit card information; we use a secure third-party service provider to process your credit card information which is not permitted to store, retain, or use billing information except for the purpose of credit card processing on African Investments Limited or Africa Event Limited’s behalf.
- If you are an investor, you may be asked to provide us with information about your organisation such as name, website, geographic location, description of your organization, investment objectives, sectors and geographic location of interest to you and any other information you wish to provide about your organization. This information will be used to provide investment-related services to you including providing you with access to investment opportunities registered on our Dashboards, Portals or Sites that we think meet your specific mandate criteria, and other services that we believe will enhance your ability to connect with investment opportunities in Africa. When you upload information on your investment mandate/parameters to us you should assume that any information you provide is in the public domain, as it will be accessible to other users of the service. Therefore you must not upload price sensitive information or any information that you do not want to be made public. We do not do any due diligence on investment propositions uploaded to our Dashboards, Portals or Sites, and therefore you are expected to do your own due diligence on any investment propositions or business opportunities that you discover on our Dashboards or Portals or Sites and wish to pursue. You accept that African Investments Limited, Africa Events Limited or any other related, affiliated or associated companies will not be liable for any loss or liability that you or other parties related to you incur as a result of information that you have received through use of the Dashboards, Portals or Sites.
- If you are an entity seeking capital from investors, or an entity wishing to promote a business opportunity you may be asked to provide us with information about your organisation such as name, website, geographic location, description of your organization, description of your investment or business opportunity, contact details and any other information you wish to provide about your organization and business opportunity. This information will be used by us to provide business and investment-related services to you including, where possible, matching you with relevant investors, and other parties that might be of assistance to you. This may include summarizing your business or investment proposition, or company profile, or biography into a Word document or PDF for distribution to investors and other recipients, including attendees at events managed by our related company Africa Events Limited, or via email or other methods including our websites. You must not add information to the Dashboards, Portals or Sites that you do not want in the public domain, or that is price sensitive, or that you are not permitted to reveal because of relevant securities regulations, or because of any legal regulations, including active Non Disclosure Agreements and any other reason. If you add information to our Dashboards, Portals or Sites that you are not permitted to upload you agree to indemnify us for any losses that we may incur as a result of legal action that is taken against us due to the information having been added to our Dashboards, Portals or Sites. It should be assumed by you that any information that you add to our Dashboards, Portals or Sites will immediately be in the public domain and will for instance be accessible by all users of the Dashboards, Portals or Sites. We do no due diligence on investors, or any other people who can view Investment or Business Opportunities on our Dashboards, Portals and Sites. You accept that African Investments Limited, Africa Events Limited or any other associated, affiliated and related companies will not be liable for any loss or liability that you or other parties related to you incur as a result of information that you have uploaded onto our Dashboards, Portals or Sites. You may ask us to make your information available to the public, and then at a later date ask to make the information private and not available to the public. Please note that website browsers can cache historic information, for this reason and others (including but not exclusively human and system errors), you must assume that when you advise us to make information private that your information may continue to be available for viewing on our Dashboards, Portals and Sites and elsewhere. If you add an investment proposition to our AFSIC African Investments Dashboard and we decide that it is, in our sole opinion, not ready for whatever reason to be added to our AFSIC African Investments Dashboard then you agree that we may publish the opportunity on our Africa Business Opportunity Dashboard in order to promote it to a wider audience.
- If you are an entity or person seeking to join our Africa Business Community to promote your services or business opportunities to internet users you may be asked to provide us with information about your organisation such as name, website, geographic location, description of your organization, description of your business or investment opportunity, contact details and any other information you wish to provide about your organization. This information will be used by us to provide services to you including where possible matching you with relevant investors, businesses, and other parties that might be of assistance to you. You must not add information to the Dashboards, Portals or Sites that you do not want in the public domain, or that is price sensitive, or that you are not permitted to reveal because of relevant securities regulations, or because of any legal regulations, including active Non Disclosure Agreements and any other reason. If you add information to our Dashboards, Portals or Sites that you are not permitted to upload you agree to indemnify us for any losses that we may incur as a result of legal action that is taken against us due to the information having been added to our Dashboards, Portals or Sites. It should be assumed by you that any information that you add to our Dashboards, Portals or Sites will immediately be in the public domain and will for instance be accessible by all users of the Dashboards, Portals or Sites. We may also post your profile on social media sites for instance LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter to give you greater prominence. We do no due diligence on investors, members of our Africa Business Community or people who are approved to view Investment or Business Opportunities on our Dashboards, Portals and Sites. Information that you upload will be accessible by users of our Dashboards, and may be sent via email to investors and other parties that we deem, in our sole discretion, may be useful in order to promote your investment or business proposition. You accept that African Investments Limited, Africa Events Limited or any other associated, affiliated and related companies will not be liable for any loss or liability that you or other parties related to you incur as a result of information that you have uploaded onto our Dashboards, Portals or Sites. You may ask us to make your information available to the public, and then at a later date ask to make the information private and not available to the public. Please note that website browsers can cache historic information, for this reason and others (including but not exclusively human and system errors), you must assume that when you advise us to make information private that your information may continue to be available for viewing on our Dashboards, Portals and Sites and elsewhere.
- If you have provided us with information to upload onto our Dashboards, Portals or Sites on your behalf and we upload the information onto our Dashboards, Portals or Sites, or in email communications on your behalf, you agree that we can publish the information in the same manner as if you have uploaded the information yourself.
- Our objective is to assist you with business development, raising funding, and finding investment opportunities in Africa. We do this using partly automated systems that facilitate the matching of business, trade and investment opportunities in Africa. In order to assist you we profile any information you submit to us, including text and numeric data, websites, videos, as well as images, and PDF files among any other type of data to a global audience. In using our Dashboards, Portals, Websites and Systems, or attending AFSIC – Investing in Africa, you authorize us to publicly display on our Websites, Platforms, Dashboards, Social Media and in email communications any information that you have submitted to us.
- To assist companies, funds and any other entity raise money at AFSIC – Investing in Africa, we produce a preliminary AFSIC Deal Book, approximately one month prior to AFSIC, and a Final Deal Book one week prior to AFSIC. This contains a summary of Investment Opportunities where the Promoters are seeking to raise capital from the attending investors. By making a submission to be included in our AFSIC Deal Book you recognise that the AFSIC Deal Book will be distributed to delegates attending AFSIC, and may be distributed to others (in African Investment Limited’s sole judgement) who are not attending AFSIC. You acknowledge that once we publish such a document like this we have no ability to control who it is forwarded to. As such you must not provide us with any information you do not want in the public domain. You also recognise that African Investments Limited and Africa Events Limited may use any logos or corporate images you have provided to us to highlight the investment opportunities profiled at AFSIC on our websites, dashboards, social media platforms, emails or other public platforms.
As a user of any of our Dashboards, Portals, or Sites including www.afsic.net, www.africaninvestments.co, or www.invest-in-africa and other websites related to us you accept that any contractual arrangement is between you and African Investments Limited. You acknowledge that you are responsible for the accuracy and currency of all information you provide to us and that you will only add information to our Dashboards, Portals or Sites that you would be comfortable to see in the public domain, regardless of whether or not you have checked a business or investment proposition as “Make Deal Public” (for companies seeking investment), or your profile as “Happy to be Made Public” or any other viewing option that we offer. It should be assumed that information you have provided will be viewed by companies and persons affiliated, associated and related as well as those unaffiliated to African Investments Limited (for example other users of the Dashboards, Portals or Sites) and it is acknowledged by you that we have no control over how information that can be viewed by third parties unrelated to us distribute any information that they can view.
2. Records of Correspondence
African Investments Limited may collect records and copies of your correspondence with us (including email addresses), and messages that you send on any of our mentioned, related or associated Dashboards, Portals and Sites.
When you visit the Site, we may send one or more “cookies” – small data files – to your computer to uniquely identify your browser and let African Investments Limited and related companies help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the Site. A persistent cookie remains on your computer after you close your browser so that it can be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser.
You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. In this respect, the following links provide instructions in order to manage your cookies preferences:
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
- Internet Explorer: https://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-…
4. Log Files
Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page. When you use the Site, our servers may automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring/exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
5. Uses of Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, in the following ways:
- to enable us to achieve our legitimate objectives of offering you a better experience on our Site (by presenting the Site and its contents in a suitable and effective manner for you and for your computer) and having an ongoing relationship with you (by notifying you about any changes to the Site);
- to enable us to achieve our legitimate objectives of providing a platform to match investors with investment opportunities on the African continent; and to promote business leaders wishing to profile themselves and their business; and to promote business opportunities in Africa;
- to enable us to further your own business objectives, whether this is to assist you to raise capital, seek suitable investments in Africa or to connect you with relevant business parties in Africa; or other commercial reasons that may be of assistance to you;
- to provide you with information on products or services. If you do not want to receive such marketing emails, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com;
- To provide remarketing services that will offer you what we believe to be relevant services or products that we believe you may have an interest in as determined among other ways through historic website visits;
- to enable us to fulfill our legal obligations to which African Investments Limited is subject.
6. Sharing of Information for Third Party Services
a. Personally Identifiable Information
- We will only disclose personally identifiable information we collect from you to third parties without your permission to the extent necessary to:
- to comply with the law;
- to protect the interests, rights, safety, or property of African Investments Limited;
- to provide you with the services or products requested by you including promoting your profile and business opportunities online;
- to enable us to assist you, in our sole judgement, to achieve your business objectives whether this be raising investment, seeking suitable business or investment opportunities in Africa that match your interests and or mandate, or broadening your business interests in Africa among other objectives;
- to perform other activities related to such services and products, including billing and collection;
- We may store personally identifiable information in locations outside the direct control of African Investments Limited (for instance, on servers or databases provided by external providers).
- We may share or disclose your personally identifiable information, for example if you are a company seeking to raise capital to companies or persons that we believe may assist you in raising capital, or if you are an investor looking for investment opportunities we may connect you to investment opportunities that we think match your investment mandate criteria, or if you are a business we may connect you with businesses that we think may assist you;
- African Investments Limited may disclose your personally identifiable information to address fraud, security or technical issues.
- African Investments Limited may share your personally identifiable information with unaffiliated companies for marketing purposes without your prior permission. In general this is the case where we believe, in our sole opinion, that being put in touch with unaffiliated companies may be beneficial for you; for instance an investment banker experienced in a specific sector may be connected to a company seeking to raise capital in the same sector.
b. Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We may share non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third parties to help them understand the usage patterns for certain of the African Investments Limited services.
7. Ranking of Posts
You acknowledge that African Investments Limited may use a variety of methods in order to determine the ranking in which Africa Business Community profiles, and any Calls for Business made appear. This includes, among others, preferring posts where a “partner code” has been applied, preferential treatment for citizens in countries where we have partnered with the National Trade and Investment Promotion Agency, manual determination of order, algorithms designed to determine the appropriate quality of a post, Artificial Intelligence, paid promotion etc.
8. Retention of your Personal Information
9. Your Rights
You can review, update, or remove the information you included in your Dashboard, Portal or Site profile by logging into the Dashboard or Portal or Site, and making changes. You may also request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us or opt out of maintaining your profile on the Site.
10. Protection of Your Information
In order to protect your personal information, African Investments Limited has put in place what African Investments Limited believes to be reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your personal data. However, no assurances can be given that these security measures will prevent any unauthorized interception of or access to your personal data and, to the extent African Investments Limited has complied with its data security obligations under the applicable legal requirements, and in particular the Data Protection (Jersey) Lay, 2018 dated 25th May 2018, you hereby agree not to hold African Investments Limited liable for use of your personal data obtained in any unauthorized manner. In particular you agree to only upload information to the Dashboard, Portal or Site that you are happy is in the public domain, you are authorized to disclose, and which is not price sensitive.
12. Third-Party Vendors
13. Jersey Law Applicable to this Agreement
You accept that your sole legal relationship as a user of our Sites, Portals or Dashboards is with African Investments Limited, a Jersey registered company. Use of any of our Dashboards, Sites or Portals is subject to the laws of Jersey, and the jurisdiction of the Jersey courts. Any communication with the Dashboard, Portal or Sites shall be deemed to have taken place in Jersey, Channel Islands, irrespective of where the actual user may be physically located.
14. Contact Us