We recognize that your privacy is very important and take it seriously.
1. User-Provided Information
- You may be asked to create a username and password or security code, along with providing other registration information (collectively "Registration Data") as part of the registration process. You are responsible for the accuracy and currency of your Registration Data and for maintaining the security of your password or security code.
- You may be asked to provide us with information about yourself such as your name, photo and email address.
- You may be asked to provide us with your credit card information. We do not store or retain your credit card information; we use a secure third-party service provider to process your credit card information which is not permitted to store, retain, or use billing information except for the purpose of credit card processing on Africa Events Limited's behalf.
- If you are an investor, you may be asked to provide us with information about your organisation such as name, website, geographic location, description of your organization, investment objectives, sectors and geographic location of interest to you and any other information you wish to provide about your organization. This information will be used to provide investment-related services to you including providing you with access to investment opportunities registered on our Dashboard that we think meet your specific mandate criteria, and other services that we believe will enhance your ability to connect with investment opportunities in Africa. When you upload information on your investment mandate/parameters to us you should assume that any information you provide is in the public domain, as it will be accessible to other users of the service. Therefore you should not upload price sensitive information or any information that you would not want to be made public. We do not do any due diligence on investment propositions uploaded to our Dashboard, and therefore you are expected to do your own due diligence on any investment propositions that you wish to pursue. You accept that Capital Africa Limited, Africa Events Limited and other related or associated companies will not be liable for any loss or liability that you or other parties related to you incur as a result of information that you have received through use of the Dashboard.
- If you are an entity seeking capital from investors, you may be asked to provide us with information about your organisation such as name, website, geographic location, description of your organization, description of your investment opportunity, contact details and any other information you wish to provide about your organization. This information will be used by us to provide investment-related services to you including where possible matching you with relevant investors, and other parties that might be of assistance to you. This may include summarising your investment proposition into a Word document or PDF for distribution to targeted investors via email. You should not add information to the Dashboard that you do not want in the public domain, or that is price sensitive, or that you are not permitted to reveal by securities regulations. It should be assumed by you that any information that you add to the Dashboard will be in the public domain and will for instance accessible by all other registered users of the Site. We do no due diligence on investors who are approved to view Investment Propositions on the Dashboard. You accept that Capital Africa Limited, Africa Events Limited and other associated companies will not be liable for any loss or liability that you or other parties related to you incur as a result of information that you have uploaded onto the Dashboard. You may ask us to make your information available to the public, and then at a later date ask to make the information private and not available to the public. Please note that website browsers can cache historic information, for this reason among others, we cannot ensure that when you advise us to make information private that this the information will not be available for viewing on the web.
- If you are an entity seeking to promote your services to internet users you may be asked to provide us with information about your organisation such as name, website, geographic location, description of your organization, description of your investment opportunity, contact details and any other information you wish to provide about your organization. This information will be used by us to provide services to you including where possible matching you with relevant investors, and other parties that might be of assistance to you. You should not add information to the Dashboard that you do not want in the public domain, or that is price sensitive, or that you are not permitted to reveal by securities regulations. It should be assumed by you that any information that you add to the Dashboard will be in the public domain and will for instance accessible by all other registered users of the Site. We do no due diligence on other participants who are approved to be viewed on our websites. You accept that Capital Africa Limited, Africa Events Limited and other related and associated companies will not be liable for any loss or liability that you or other parties related to you incur as a result of information that you have uploaded onto the Dashboard or as a result of contacting people on the Dashboard. You may ask us to make your information available to the public, and then at a later date ask to make the information private and not available to the public. Please note that website browsers can cache historic information, for this reason among others, we cannot guarantee that when you advise us to make information private that this the information will not be available for viewing on the web.
In summary as a user of our Dashboard, or websites www.afsic.net, www.africaninvestments.co, or www.invest-in-africa and other related websites you acknowledge that you are responsible for the accuracy and currency of all information you provide to us and that you will only add information to our Dashboard or websites that you would be comfortable to see in the public domain, regardless of whether or not you have checked an investment proposition as "Make Deal Public" (for companies seeking investment), or your profile as "Happy to be Made Public" or any other viewing option that we offer. It should be assumed that information you have provided will be viewed by companies and persons affiliated, associated and related as well as those unaffiliated to Capital Africa Limited (for example other users of the Dashboard or websites) and it is acknowledged by you that we have no control over how information that can be viewed by third parties unrelated to us distribute any information that they can view.
2. Records of Correspondence
Capital Africa Limited may collect records and copies of your correspondence with us (including email addresses), and messages that you send on any of our mentioned, related or associated websites.
When you visit the Site, we may send one or more “cookies” - small data files - to your computer to uniquely identify your browser and let Capital Africa Limited help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the Site. A persistent cookie remains on your computer after you close your browser so that it can be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser.
You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. In this respect, the following links provide instructions in order to manage your cookies preferences:
4. Log Files
Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page. When you use the Site, our servers may automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring/exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
5. Uses of Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, in the following ways:
- to enable us to achieve our legitimate objectives of offering you a better experience on our Site (by presenting the Site and its contents in a suitable and effective manner for you and for your computer) and having an ongoing relationship with you (by notifying you about any changes to the Site);
- to enable us to achieve our legitimate objectives of providing a platform to match investors with investment opportunities on the African continent; and to promote business service providers wishing to profile themselves;
- to enable us to further your own business objectives, whether this is to assist you to raise capital, seek suitable investments in Africa or to connect you with relevant business parties in Africa; or other commercial reasons that may be of assistance to you;
- to provide you with information on products or services. If you do not want to receive such marketing emails, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com;
- To provide remarketing services that will offer you what we believe to be relevant services or products that we believe you may have an interest in as determined among other ways through historic website visits;
- to enable us to fulfill our legal obligations to which Capital Africa Limited is subject.
6. Sharing of Information for Third Party Services
a. Personally Identifiable Information
- We will only disclose personally identifiable information we collect from you to third parties without your permission to the extent necessary to:
- to comply with the law;
- to protect the interests, rights, safety, or property of Capital Africa Limited;
- to provide you with the services or products requested by you;
- to enable us to assist you, in our sole judgement, to achieve your business objectives whether this be raising investment, seeking suitable investment opportunities in Africa that match your mandate, or broadening your business interests in Africa among other objectives;
- to perform other activities related to such services and products, including billing and collection;
- We may store personally identifiable information in locations outside the direct control of Capital Africa Limited (for instance, on servers or databases provided by external providers).
- We may share or disclose your personally identifiable information, for example if you are a company seeking to raise capital to companies or persons that we believe may assist you in raising capital, or if you are an investor looking for investment opportunities we may connect you to investment opportunities that we think match your investment mandate criteria.
- Capital Africa Limited may disclose your personally identifiable information to address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Capital Africa Limited may share your personally identifiable information with unaffiliated companies for marketing purposes without your prior permission. In general this is the case where we believe, in our sole opinion, that being put in touch with unaffiliated companies may be beneficial for you; for instance an investment banker experienced in a specific sector may be connected to a company seeking to raise capital in the same sector.
b. Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We may share non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third parties to help them understand the usage patterns for certain of the Capital Africa Limited services.
7. Retention of your Personal Information
8. Your Rights
You can review, update, or remove the information you included in your Dashboard profile by logging into the Dashboard Site, visiting the Update Personal Details page, and making changes. You may also request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us or opt out of maintaining your profile on the Site.
9. Protection of Your Information
In order to protect your personal information, Capital Africa Limited has put in place what Capital Africa Limited believes to be reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your personal data. However, no assurances can be given that these security measures will prevent any unauthorized interception of or access to your personal data and, to the extent Capital Africa Limited has complied with its data security obligations under the applicable legal requirements, and in particular the Data Protection (Jersey) Lay, 2018 dated 25th May 2018, you hereby agree not to hold Capital Africa Limited liable for use of your personal data obtained in any unauthorized manner. In particular you agree to only upload information to the Dashboard that you are happy is in the public domain, and which is also not price sensitive.
11. Data Scraping
You may only use or reproduce the content of this website, including names, job titles, company names, business sector, country of interest data and any other data shown in this site for your own personal use. The framing, scraping, data-mining, extraction, or collection of the content of this site in any form and by any means whatsoever is strictly prohibited. You may also not mirror any material contained on this site.
12. Third-Party Vendors
13. Jersey Law Applicable to this Agreement
Use of our Dashboard is subject to the laws of Jersey, and the jurisdiction of the Jersey courts. Any communication with the Dashboard shall be deemed to have taken place in Jersey, Channel Islands, irrespective of where the actual user may be physically located.
14. Contact Us