We want to assist you with Invest Malawi, get Business Opportunities in Malawi as well as to search for and connect with leading Companies in Malawi. We also provide a list of key Government trade advisors who assist you with doing business in Malawi and other relevant business information on Malawi. Specifically we offer three digital portals that are FREE to use and will be of interest to you…..You can join our Africa Business Community FREE so we can promote your company here. After that if you have a specific investment or business proposition add it to the Africa Business Opportunities Dashboard FREE. Want investment, or to find a business partner, are you selling real estate etc, do you have goods, products or services you want to promote? If so our Africa Business Opportunities Dashboard is for you. View some of the business opportunities uploaded by our Africa Business Community here. Fast growing, more established Malawi companies with experienced management teams looking for investment can add themselves to our closed AFSIC African Investments Dashboard – after you have uploaded information about your investment opportunity we can send it directly into the inbox of many of Africa’s most important investors. To benefit from any of these options join our Africa Business Community today FREE !
Our team runs AFSIC – Investing in Africa, perhaps Africa’s most important investment event. To keep updated on AFSIC and forthcoming business and investment trips to Malawi please Subscribe to our Mailers below.
Subscribe Now for Business Opportunities!
Country overview: Malawi is a landlocked country located in Southern Africa. It shares its border with Zambia to the west, Mozambique to the east and south/ southwest and Tanzania to the north and northeast. It gained independence from the United Kingdom on 6 July 1964. It is a Presidential Republic with its President sitting as the Head of State and government. Its capital is Lilongwe and has an administrative structure divided into 28 districts. It runs a unicameral National Assembly which serves as the legislative arm of the government. English is the official language while Chewa is the common local language. Christianity is the major religion. It has a mixed legal system that includes English common law and customary law. It has an area size of 0.118 million sq km.
Demographic Information: Malawi has an estimated population of 21.2 million comprising mostly of younger population (less than 25 years) which makes up about 66.4% of the population, those in the age bracket of 25-64 years makes up about 30.9% of the population and above 65 years age group makes up about 2.7% of the population. Average population density is estimated at 203 inhabitants/km2. In terms of human development indicators, it has a life expectancy of 65.3 years (Women) and 61.2 years (Men). It achieved universal primary education with a 144.81% Primary enrolment rate in 2019 and overall literacy level of 62.1% as at 2015.
Broad Economic Overview: Malawi’s economy is mainly dependent on agriculture (tea, coffee, tobacco). Agriculture accounts for about 30% of GDP and 80% of export revenues. Tobacco alone accounts for 50% of exports. Other revenue-generating agricultural produce include tea, coffee, sugarcane, cotton, sorghum, potatoes, and corn (maize). Malawi has no precious metals or oil (except for ruby and uranium). Despite that Malawi economy was hit hard by the El Nino-driven drought in 2015/2016 and effects of cyclone Idai in 2019, real GDP grew an estimated 4.5% in 2019, up from 2.9% in 2015. It has consistently achieved a modest GDP growth in the past 5 years having grown 3.6% (5yr compound annual growth rate) over the period. Remittances by expatriate workers (6% of GDP) will continue to positively contribute to the economy. Its currency is Kwacha. Main export includes tobacco, Cotton, Coffee, tea, peanuts, Sugar, dried legumes etc. Major imports include petroleum product, foodstuff, machinery, consumer goods, transport equipment etc.
Investment Opportunities: Malawi relies on foreign seaports (Dar es Salaam in Tanzania and Nacala and Beira in Mozambique) for external trade. Trades are characterized by laws banning exports, inadequate diversification, and value addition. Malawi is presently considering a Bill to create a Special Economic Zones (SEZs) that will fast-track industrialization and result in sustainable economic growth and development. The SEZs is meant to strengthen value addition. Through the Special Economic Zone (SEZ) Bill, regulation of exports through a national export strategy may be achieved. The bill proposes multiproduct SEZs for oil seeds, sugar cane, beverage manufacturing, and agro processing. Malawi will also prioritize exports of tea, legumes, oil seeds, and minerals. Government of Malawi from time to time specifies focus areas for investment. Currently, the Government has prioritized the following sectors: manufacturing, agriculture & agro-processing, tourism, infrastructure, and ICT.
Invest Malawi – Recommended Contacts
List of Companies in Malawi
Want to add your Malawi Company to our List? Sign Up Here.
Contact Us for More Information on Invest Malawi
Our website contains comprehensive information related to Invest Malawi and information on the best investment opportunities in Africa, how to invest in Africa and where to invest in Africa. It also contains a wealth of information on African Investors and Funds, who Invests in Africa, which investors are relevant to you and how to contact them. This page is designed to help you find your information as quickly as possible.
Our focus is on matching individuals, companies and funds wanting to invest in Africa with information on how and where to invest in Africa, Africa’s best investment opportunities in addition to identifying companies, funds and individuals looking for investment, and comprehensive information on who is investing in Africa, Africa investors, how to get funding, the best Africa investment apps, African investment platforms, Africa’s top corporate service providers, business leaders and communities etc.
Initially please review the following suggestions that may be useful:
- If you are a regulated institutional investor and want to invest in Africa, please visit our homepage and add yourself to our (private) community to view and receive investment opportunities from across Africa (FREE). Click on the ‘Invest in Africa‘ button on our Homepage. If you prefer specific bespoke information on investment opportunities please contact our experienced team via email@example.com and one of our African investment specialists will revert to you.
- If you are a Private Investor and want to invest in Africa, please visit our dedicated page https://invest-in-africa.co/africa-investments. This page provides more information on the options available to Private Investors for investing in Africa. If you prefer specific information on investment opportunities please contact our team on firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are an individual with a concept, project or idea or you are representing a company wanting to Apply for Funding or Get Investment, then add your concept, project or company details to our African Investments Dashboard using the ‘Apply for Funding‘ button on our Homepage.
- If you are representing a Company and are looking to expand in Africa and would like to use our extensive network across Africa to assist you please contact our team on email@example.com
- If you would like to Promote Yourself or your Company’s operations in Africa please join our exclusive community including Africa’s top investors, Africa’s top business executives, Africa’s top corporate advisors and Africa’s best service providers. This is FREE. To do so please visit our Homepage and click ‘Promote My Company’s Services‘ button. Users of our website will be able to search for you and communicate with you directly online helping you grow your business across Africa.
- If you would like to Search our Database to find an African Business Leader, African Investor, Stockbroker, African Corporate Advisor, African Investment Bank, African Corporate Service Provider or African Company suiting your requirements then please click ‘Search Our Database‘ on our Homepage
Africa Investor Research
In order to assist you efficiently locate the information you require on Invest Malawi we consolidate information on African Investments (funds, companies, investment opportunities. stock exchanges, apps) on our page https://invest-in-africa.co/africa-investments/.
If this page is not relevant then go to our central research page https://invest-in-africa.co/africa-business that acts as a repository of information relating to Africa’s investors. best investments, business, trade and investment world. This library will assist with your query Invest Malawi. The information covers queries relating to:
- Investing in Africa: Helping individuals, African institutional investors or business investors identify Africa’s best business and investment opportunities, which country they are located in, and how to access these investment opportunities including recommendations on online business development, African stockbrokers, African crowdfunders, and appropriate investment platforms, hubs or apps;
- Why Invest in Africa?: Providing research on why Africa is, in our opinion, such a great investment opportunity;
- Applying for Funding: Assisting individuals and companies with African businesses, projects or concepts or ideas to raise money from Africa investors, as well as providing details on who the Africa investors are, their sector preferences, and whether they are focused on more developed companies, or focused on venture capital, angel or seed investment opportunities;
- Africa Investment Forums: Facilitating Investors and Companies seeking investment or business development opportunities to meet each other at highly focused and relevant Africa Investment Events;
- Where is Africa’s Investment coming from? Providing information on who is investing in Africa, which countries are investing in Africa, and which African countries are receiving the investment;
- Promoting yourself for FREE: How to add yourself (or search) our Directory of Africa’s top business executives to facilitate your business development and investment initiatives.
Still looking for the Correct Information on Invest Malawi?
In order for us to assist you with your inquiry on Invest Malawi click one or more of the topics below that are of interest to you so that we can route you to the appropriate web page:
- You want to Invest in Africa’s best Investment Opportunities or understand more about which countries in Africa or sectors of the African economy are ready for investment. Click Here.
- You want to find out more about the actual mechanics of investing in Africa, including African Stockbroking companies, African Stock Exchanges, African Investment Platforms, African Investment Apps and Hubs that will assist you to invest in Africa. Click Here.
- You want to know about Africa’s Investors, Africa Funds and Africa Funders are or to learn about who Invests in Africa and which country they are from. Click Here.
- You want to Apply for Funding for your concept, idea, company or project which is focused on Africa. Click Here.You want to Promote Your Company’s Services for FREE across Africa in our business directory. Click Here.
- You are interested in General Research on Africa, such as the African economy, where the investment in Africa is coming from, the current investment climate etc. Click Here.
- You are interested in meeting Africa’s Business Leaders, Africa’s Investors, Africa’s Corporate Advisors and Africa’s Corporate Service Providers in a single location at a single time, and would like to know more about AFSIC – Investing in Africa, Africa’s investment event. Click Here.
Ready to attend AFSIC – Investing in Africa, Africa’s Investment Event?
AFSIC – Investing in Africa is believed to be the largest annual Africa investment event taking place outside Africa. It is an exceptional location to meet Africa’s business leaders and investment community in one place at one time. If you would like to learn more or attend AFSIC – Investing in Africa you can download the Event Brochure or please visit www.afsic.net.
Do you Want to Promote your Company’s Services across Africa for FREE?
If you would like to Promote yourself and your Company across Africa and globally, then please visit our Homepage. Click ‘Promote My Company’s Services‘ and follow the instructions to join our community. There is no charge.
Do you Want to Find Africa’s Top Business Leaders and Business Service Providers? Search Our Database for FREE.
Go to our Homepage and click on ‘Search Our Database‘. You can filter your search by business sector, keywords such as Invest Malawi and more.
Do you Want to Supercharge your Company’s Presence across Africa and with Businesses and Investors focused on Africa?
Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like our team to contact you regarding the multiple ways in which we can assist your business development and investment plans in Africa or how we can provide you with additional profile across the entire African continent.
Want to Contribute to our Website?
Do you have specialist knowledge or insights regarding Invest Malawi, Africa Trade, Business or Investment opportunities that you would like to share with our readers? If so please review our page on Submitting Articles. https://invest-in-africa.co/submit-an-article/
Subscribe to Mailers
Do you want to Subscribe to our mailers to keep yourself updated? Please add yourself to our Mailing List using the Subscribe to our Newsletter button at the bottom of our Homepage.
We are always looking to grow partnerships in Africa. If that is of interest or if we have not been able to resolve your query on Invest Malawi then please get in touch with us at email@example.com
Other Information Sources for Invest Malawi
Unable to find the information that you require on Invest Malawi? You may want to access the following internet sites to obtain further information on Africa, investing in Africa, African business and African investment opportunities….
African Development Bank: www.afdb.org
African Investments: www.africaninvestments.co
AFSIC – Investing in Africa Event: www.afsic.net
BBC Africa: www.bbc.co.uk/news/world/africa
Investing in Africa: www.invest-in-africa.co
Our team has enormous experience living, working and investing in Africa. We have a comprehensive view on investment opportunities in Africa and Africa’s most important investors and we cover all 54 countries in Africa. As such we should be able to assist you on your query on Invest Malawi. Our experience is evidenced by the success of our annual AFSIC – Investing in Africa event which we believe is the largest annual Africa investment event taking place outside Africa, and one of the most important conduits of investment into Africa. More information on us and our team is available here.