We want to assist you Invest in Lesotho, get Business Opportunities in Lesotho as well as to search for and connect with leading Companies in Lesotho. We also provide a list of key Government trade advisors who assist you with doing business in Lesotho and other relevant business information on Lesotho. Specifically we offer three digital portals that are FREE to use and will be of interest to you…..You can join our Africa Business Community FREE so we can promote your company here. After that if you have a specific investment or business proposition add it to the Africa Business Opportunities Dashboard FREE. Want investment, or to find a business partner, are you selling real estate etc, do you have goods, products or services you want to promote? If so our Africa Business Opportunities Dashboard is for you. View some of the business opportunities uploaded by our Africa Business Community here. Fast growing, more established Lesotho companies with experienced management teams looking for investment can add themselves to our closed AFSIC African Investments Dashboard – after you have uploaded information about your investment opportunity we can send it directly into the inbox of many of Africa’s most important investors. To benefit from any of these options join our Africa Business Community today FREE !
Our team runs AFSIC – Investing in Africa, perhaps Africa’s most important investment event. To keep updated on AFSIC and forthcoming business and investment trips to Lesotho please Subscribe to our Mailers below.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Country overview: Lesotho is a landlocked country located within the border of South Africa. It gained its independence from the United Kingdom on 4 October 1966. It is a parliamentary constitutional monarchy with the King sitting as the Chief of State and Prime Minister as the Head of Government. Its capital is Maseru and has an administrative structure divided into 10 districts. It runs a bicameral legislative system which consist of the Senate and National assembly. English and Sesotho are the official languages while Christianity is the predominant religion. It has a mixed legal system of civil law influenced by the Roman-Dutch model and English common law. It has an area size of 30,355 sq km. The country’s geographical position provides investors with access to the regional market (SADC) of 16 countries with an estimated 200 million population and GDP of $600bn.
Demographic Information: Lesotho has an estimated population of 1.97 million comprising mostly of younger population (less than 25 years) which makes up about 50.6% of the population, those in the age bracket of 25-64 years makes up about 43.8% of the population and above 65 years age group makes up about 5.6% of the population. Average population density is estimated at 69.44 inhabitants/km2. In terms of human development indicators, it has a life expectancy of 53.0 years (Women) and 53.1 years (Men). It achieved universal primary education with a 120.90% Primary enrolment rate in 2017 and overall literacy level of 79.4% as at 2015.
Broad Economic Overview: Lesotho is a small economy which relies on South Africa for much of its economic activities. Its economy is driven by textile manufacturing, agriculture, remittances, and regional customs revenue. Lesotho imports 85% of the goods it consumes from South Africa, including most agricultural input. Water and diamonds are Lesotho’s significant natural resources. It generates revenue from supplying water to South Africa (water contributes about 10% of GDP, mostly via Lesotho Highlands Water Project exports). The textile and garment industry are the country’s largest private sector employer as garments produced are usually exported to South Africa and the US. Lesotho’s economy grew at 1.0% in 2019, up from 0.4% in 2018 owing to strong mining performance and a textiles recovery in an improved global economy having achieved a modest 1.7% compound annual GDP growth in the past 5 years. Its currency is the Lesotho Loti which is pegged to the South African Rand at par through the common monetary area. Both currencies are accepted as legal tender within Leostho. Main exports include clothing, footwear, diamonds, electricity, wool and mohair, food and live animals etc. Major imports include petroleum product, foodstuff, machinery, medicine, building materials, vehicles etc.
Investment Opportunities: Implementation of reforms by the government have had positive effects on the economy. The commencement of Lesotho Highlands Water Project estimated to cost $2.3 billion is expected to boost private sector growth, improve water resources, and bring royalties from South Africa. The Southern African Development Community efforts, combined with the national governance dialogue launched in June 2018, bodes well for political stability and policy continuity. The Continental Free Trade Area and US African Growth and Opportunity Act provides a wider market beyond South Africa. Lesotho’s charming landscape and snow-covered mountain slopes, ideal for skiing, foster tourism. Investment opportunities are available in the following sector agro industry, manufacturing, renewable energy, mining, infrastructure and construction, ICT, financial services, and tourism.
Invest Lesotho – Doing Business in Lesotho Contacts
List of Companies in Lesotho
Want to add your Lesotho Company to our List? Sign Up Here.
Contact Us for More Information
Our website contains comprehensive information related to companies in Lesotho, Lesotho business opportunities, doing business in Lesotho and investment opportunities in Lesotho. It also covers Africa investors group and information on the best investment opportunities in Africa, how to invest in Africa and where to invest in Africa. It also contains a wealth of information on African Investors and Funds, who Invests in Africa, which investors are relevant to you and how to contact them. This page is designed to help you find your information as quickly as possible.
Our focus is on matching individuals, companies and funds wanting to invest in Africa with information on how and where to invest in Africa, Africa’s best investment opportunities in addition to identifying companies, funds and individuals looking for investment, and comprehensive information on who is investing in Africa, Africa investors, how to get funding, the best Africa investment apps, African investment platforms, Africa’s top corporate service providers, business leaders and communities etc.
Initially please review the following suggestions that may be useful:
- If you are a regulated institutional investor and want to invest in Africa, please visit our homepage and add yourself to our (private) community to view and receive investment opportunities from across Africa (FREE). Click on the ‘Invest in Africa‘ button on our Homepage. If you prefer specific bespoke information on investment opportunities please contact our experienced team via firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our African investment specialists will revert to you.
- If you are a Private Investor and want to invest in Africa, please visit our dedicated page https://invest-in-africa.co/africa-investments. This page provides more information on the options available to Private Investors for investing in Africa. If you prefer specific information on investment opportunities please contact our team on email@example.com
- If you are an individual with a concept, project or idea or you are representing a company wanting to Apply for Funding or Get Investment, then add your concept, project or company details to our African Investments Dashboard using the ‘Apply for Funding‘ button on our Homepage.
- If you are representing a Company and are looking to expand in Africa and would like to use our extensive network across Africa to assist you please contact our team on firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you would like to Promote Yourself or your Company’s operations in Africa please join our exclusive community including Africa’s top investors, Africa’s top business executives, Africa’s top corporate advisors and Africa’s best service providers. This is FREE. To do so please visit our Homepage and click ‘Promote My Company’s Services‘ button. Users of our website will be able to search for you and communicate with you directly online helping you grow your business across Africa.
- If you would like to Search our Database to find an African Business Leader, African Investor, Stockbroker, African Corporate Advisor, African Investment Bank, African Corporate Service Provider or African Company suiting your requirements then please click ‘Search Our Database‘ on our Homepage
Africa Investor Research
In order to assist you efficiently locate the information you require we consolidate information on African Investments (funds, companies, investment opportunities. stock exchanges, apps) on our page https://invest-in-africa.co/africa-investments/.
If this page is not relevant then go to our central research page https://invest-in-africa.co/africa-business that acts as a repository of information relating to Africa’s investors. best investments, business, trade and investment world. This library will assist with your query Africa investors group. The information covers queries relating to:
- Investing in Africa: Helping individuals, African institutional investors or business investors identify Africa’s best business and investment opportunities, which country they are located in, and how to access these investment opportunities including recommendations on online business development, African stockbrokers, African crowdfunders, and appropriate investment platforms, hubs or apps;
- Why Invest in Africa?: Providing research on why Africa is, in our opinion, such a great investment opportunity;
- Applying for Funding: Assisting individuals and companies with African businesses, projects or concepts or ideas to raise money from Africa investors, as well as providing details on who the Africa investors are, their sector preferences, and whether they are focused on more developed companies, or focused on venture capital, angel or seed investment opportunities;
- Africa Investment Forums: Facilitating Investors and Companies seeking investment or business development opportunities to meet each other at highly focused and relevant Africa Investment Events;
- Where is Africa’s Investment coming from? Providing information on who is investing in Africa, which countries are investing in Africa, and which African countries are receiving the investment;
- Promoting yourself for FREE: How to add yourself (or search) our Directory of Africa’s top business executives to facilitate your business development and investment initiatives.
Still looking for the Correct Information?
In order for us to assist you with your enquiry on Africa investors group click one or more of the topics below that are of interest to you so that we can route you to the appropriate web page:
- You want to Invest in Africa’s best Investment Opportunities or understand more about which countries in Africa or sectors of the African economy are ready for investment. Click Here.
- You want to find out more about the actual mechanics of investing in Africa, including African Stockbroking companies, African Stock Exchanges, African Investment Platforms, African Investment Apps and Hubs that will assist you to invest in Africa. Click Here.
- You want to know about Africa’s Investors, Africa Funds and Africa Funders are or to learn about who Invests in Africa and which country they are from. Click Here.
- You want to Apply for Funding for your concept, idea, company or project which is focused on Africa. Click Here.You want to Promote Your Company’s Services for FREE across Africa in our business directory. Click Here.
- You are interested in General Research on Africa, such as the African economy, where the investment in Africa is coming from, the current investment climate etc. Click Here.
- You are interested in meeting Africa’s Business Leaders, Africa’s Investors, Africa’s Corporate Advisors and Africa’s Corporate Service Providers in a single location at a single time, and would like to know more about AFSIC – Investing in Africa, Africa’s investment event. Click Here.
Ready to attend AFSIC – Investing in Africa, Africa’s Investment Event?
AFSIC – Investing in Africa is believed to be the largest annual Africa investment event taking place outside Africa. It is an exceptional location to meet Africa’s business leaders and investment community in one place at one time. If you would like to learn more or attend AFSIC – Investing in Africa you can download the Event Brochure or please visit www.afsic.net.
Do you Want to Promote your Company’s Services across Africa for FREE?
If you would like to Promote yourself and your Company across Africa and globally, then please visit our Homepage. Click ‘Promote My Company’s Services‘ and follow the instructions to join our community. There is no charge.
Do you Want to Find Africa’s Top Business Leaders and Business Service Providers? Search Our Database for FREE.
Go to our Homepage and click on ‘Search Our Database‘. You can filter your search by business sector, keywords and more.
Do you Want to Supercharge your Company’s Presence across Africa and with Businesses and Investors focused on Africa?
Please contact us on email@example.com if you would like our team to contact you regarding the multiple ways in which we can assist your business development and investment plans in Africa or how we can provide you with additional profile across the entire African continent.
Want to Contribute to our Website?
Do you have specialist knowledge or insights regarding Africa Trade, Business or Investment opportunities that you would like to share with our readers? If so please review our page on Submitting Articles. https://invest-in-africa.co/submit-an-article/
Subscribe to Mailers
Do you want to Subscribe to our mailers to keep yourself updated? Please add yourself to our Mailing List using the Subscribe to our Newsletter button at the bottom of our Homepage.
We are always looking to grow partnerships in Africa. If that is of interest or if we have not been able to resolve your query on Africa investors group then please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Information Sources
Unable to find the information that you require? You may want to access the following internet sites to obtain further information on Africa, investing in Africa, African business and African investment opportunities….
African Development Bank: www.afdb.org
African Investments: www.africaninvestments.co
AFSIC – Investing in Africa Event: www.afsic.net
BBC Africa: www.bbc.co.uk/news/world/africa
Investing in Africa: www.invest-in-africa.co
Our team has enormous experience living, working and investing in Africa. We have a comprehensive view on investment opportunities in Africa and Africa’s most important investors and we cover all 54 countries in Africa. As such we should be able to assist you on your query on Africa investors group. Our experience is evidenced by the success of our annual AFSIC – Investing in Africa event which we believe is the largest annual Africa investment event taking place outside Africa, and one of the most important conduits of investment into Africa. More information on us and our team is available here.